Monday, May 25, 2009

Joe, Sheila and the boys

I had another terrific weekend shooting portraits and now I really need to catch upon the blogging!

I spent some time with these very special people on Friday. I've know Sheila for about 2 years and she is one of the most kindhearted people I've ever met. I was super happy to spend the afternoon with her and her adorable family. She and I both have two boys who were born close together so we often commiserate and help each other through the trials and tribulations of motherhood.

When I went to their farm I already had an idea of what I wanted to capture. I love photographing people in their "natural" environment. This allows me to show a little glimpse into their real life. These next two pictures are my absolute favorite for that reason. This is how their lives have been since having their second, 15 months after having their first. And, this is how Andrew and I live our lives too so I can't help but smile at how these images really tell it like it is. We are busy running after the little ones while still trying to hold on to one another.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the midst of all the running we had a little fun. As you can see this little man loved it.

Photobucket

Up, Up! Again!

Photobucket

We took a little break from the sun to capture these images. I love this shot because it really tells a story. Yeah, my foot is neat ! Ummm... what is that crazy lady with the camera trying to do?!

Photobucket

Some great smiles too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the cute mommy and daddy!

Photobucket

I'll be posting some more on the Facebook group so be sure and check those out too.

No comments: